Search MeMyViews

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

xt3.com - The WYD Social Networking Site

visit my Web home

I am very happy that WYD Sydney is coming out with its social networking site - xt3.com! (Christ in 3rd Millennium).

However, I feel that the ways of God are mysterious. In the first week of May 2007, I had a meeting with Mr Paolo Damante, Assistant Project Officer, DID Melbourne as per the direction of Bishop Christopher Prowse. Since I was a postgraduate student of IT at RMIT, Bishop Christopher asked me to give some creative ideas regarding WYD website (basically his intention was to look into DID site). Since I was aware of the possibilities of an Internet virtual community along with WYD08, I shared this idea with Paolo with allpossible details at that time. But nothing heard for quite a long time.

So, I prepared a 'one-page proposal' and send it as an email to Bp Anthony Fischer, chairman of WYD committee on 16th July 2007. On reply I got the above letter. It says that they were at that time finalizing plans to establish an online catholic community.

I am happy! It has been realized...

Holy Spirit could inspire several people simultaneously with the same idea!





3 comments:

Paolo D said...

Fr Jaison,

Sorry nothing ever came of our direct discussions, but the Spirit was certainly willing! and so your vision looks to be realised and actualised! Congratulations.

Regards,

Paolo

Mhari said...

Hello Father,

I work for Xt3 in the UK, and was very pleased to come across your blog, how lovely that there are others who were, as you said, inspired by the Holy Spirit with the same idea.

We would love you to join Xt3, at the moment we're trying to keep it fairly quiet before we launch, but it's already begun to spread around the internet and the secret address isn't so secret, please do log on and invite your friends, we would really love your ideas and feedback on the site as we move forward.

www.wyd2008.org/alphaxt3

God bless you!
Mhari

jaison said...

Thank you dears, for your comments. God bless