Search MeMyViews

Monday, December 22, 2008

Mumbai is back!


It was very painful for me.. The Mumbai Massacre! I was glued to TV for 2 days. It hurt me as an Indian. It has hurt India profoundly. It exposed the weaknesses of 'Super Power' India. It also reminded us of the terror of religious fanaticism.

Silver line:: The Muslim community in India came forward to denounce it. They didnt even bury those Islamic terrorists. E Ahmed, union minister who hails from my State Kerala lodged our protest in the UN.

We cannot afford it any more. Enough is enough! We need a full stop to terrorism. Whoever be the party, they have to ensure us - Indians - security, not rhetoric! That was reflected in the 5 state election results, I guess (3:2 - Congress, BJP). Indian voters have matured.

Good news today - Taj is back. Cheers to Ratan Tata. I wonder the way this man has transformed himself in the minds of Indians during the last few years . From a business man to something more than that - a national figure!

PS: I've got a new year resolution - I will visit Taj and spend at least a day there!

No comments: