Search MeMyViews

Monday, July 27, 2009

"..great things england did for india"!




It was an online discussion on at http://bit.ly/17kgPQ. I wrote this comment to the forum. But I will be lucky, if it gets published. There's a misconception in the minds of white men (and women), especially if they got some connection to England - England made India! That's rubbish. That does not reflect facts. Only problem with India was it was foolish in front of some colonial traders with gun powder in the past. Hope she wont make the same mistakes in the future. That's my prayer (and yesterday India launched its first nuclear submarine, I am really happy. It's a deterrent). This was my reply to an "r of Gold Coast".
----------------------

I am an Indian, still a student but resident of Aus.. I thought I wouldnt comment in the forum.. But this remark by "r of gold coast 12:13pm today" compels me to put my two cents into it: "Look at the great things england did for india.." Yes we know what England did for India. When the first colonial traders came to India, India controlled 26-27% world economy. When they left in 1947, India's share in world economy was reduced to less than 2%. Great things indeed, what England had done to India. You must be proud of it (if you claim to be of English descent)! And hope you will give back to India what you have taken from her ?! (I would be lucky, if this gets published :)

1 comment:

പുതിയ കേരളം പുതിയ ഭൂമി said...

It hasnt been published yet :( I told you sooooo......